Monday, February 4, 2008
Stores have a hidden flavor
Many stores have their own way of influencing you, whether it's in defining who you are, or more probably what you buy. Stores try to influence you in this way just for the main reason that they want you to buy their products. Their main reason for doing anything like this is that if you think you need something you will go to where it is that you would buy it. I don't believe that this type of advertisment or 'subliminal advertising' really works that well. But I guess that's the point.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree with what you are saying, but at the same time, I think that subliminal advertising works since it is basically just to get your attention. But yeah, sometimes it is very random and it baffles its audience. I don't think that stores want to define you, unless you want to look like the Abercrombie models you see in the window displays. But yeah I definitely think that they want you to buy their product and they want you to come back to buy more. This eventually makes you think that you need this product, especially in areas such as makeup, you'll eventually run out, and you'll be drawn to the same store.
Post a Comment