Sunday, August 26, 2007

"I could tell you stories" reflection

Overall I found the discussion very deep and intriguing. It made me think of how you can judge characters in a new way, but probably the most important, for me at least, was the idea of the different levels of story. I never thought of how you can convey the same information and it could be so different. While I have to admit that I have seen it in different places before, I have not until that class given it more thought. After that discussion, anytime I'm watched TV, read a book, or heard a story. My mind immediately thought about that discussion and made me think of how the real story is being portrayed differently by the way that i was originally, or even meant to be, presented. I wondered how it could be conveyed better for it's own meaning. It just made me look deeper into story that I would normally look at only for entertainment, and really wonder it's value and how it meets up to the actual story in it pure and original state. Along those lines I guess I came to a small conclusion that for certain stories, there are certain ways that the story can be portrayed. This is something else that would just seem to pop into my mind as I was doing one of these things. I wondered whether there was a better way to portray the story, or if the way it was presented was the best way, or at least the one that made the most sense. I don't know why but after that discussion all of these things started popping into my head, and I would just unconsciously start evaluating everything. I can't say that it's bad because I believe it helps me a bit understand more about those stories and the lessons that they could possibly, most likely not, hold deep inside them.

No comments: