Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Class Discussions

The talks in class in the recent days have been very interesting to say the least. It has gotten me to think a lot about how stories are told and given to others around us. I have thought about human nature and how us as human beings want to be heard and want to be acknowledged. We want others to notice us, and at the same time, to notice others. I've thought about how stories that I write pertain to the Big 5 questions. I also wonder whether I should write my story around those or just let it come naturally in order to create a more believing piece. It would be an understatement to say that I have had just a few "light bulb" like moments. I've gotten more out of passages than I have ever hoped to get out of them before. If I wasn't in class to hear about how Gatsby is related to a machine gun, I would have never believed it.

No comments: