Friday, March 7, 2008
Justification for stealing
Richard Wright steals for money during his job that he got a the hotel. He states many reasons for doing this such as his will to move from the South to the North for his own safety. I feel that Wright does give many good reasons that justify his actions, I understand that anyone in his position, even I, would do the things that he does in order to get the money to leave. There is still something though that keeps me from siding with full justification of his actions as a good thing. I guess I just can't condone of someone stealing no matter what the situation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I see where you are coming from RJ, but if you yourself would steal, then how come you can't condone it? I'm sorry it just seemed a little hypocritical, I know you weren't trying to be. I do agree with you though, and I probably would steal, and it is hard to condone with it, It is probably because we do see him as a good person, since we are looking at this through his point of view. But, also we have not been put into the same scenarios that he was in.
Post a Comment