Wednesday, November 28, 2007

ideas for inquiry contract

I've had a few ideas for this inquiry contract taht we are suppose to right up, but I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with a good one. The first thing I thought of was the argument in the NFL between whether to change all stadiums, indoors and outdoors, to artificial turf to prevent an event like this monday between the Steelers and the Dolphins.
The second one I thought of was the problem of overcrowding in jails. With this one I would probably find more material and it'd be easier to go on for a few more pages than my other idea. Along with this one also comes the controversy around the death penalty. While it is a hard topic to touch on, I think it would be more interesting to write about this topic.

1 comment:

ieyshawalker said...

Hey R.J.,

I understand your troubles when it comes to chosing a topic for this inquiry project. I am sort of in the same boat. When choosing the topic, I constantly picture myself becoming bored, frustrated, and exhausted by the topic.

I do not think your first choice about the NFL indoor and outdoor fields would be able to provide your with information to cover over these months until January. However, I do believe it is a good short topic when not having to right such a broad long paper. I do, however, find the topic about the overcrowding of the jails a good topic to research and follow up until the end of January. It would allow you to get sort of the "inside scoup" on the overcrowdings.

But continue to keep thinking about topics, I am sure you will pick a good one though.

Good Luck!

-Ieysha