Thursday, September 27, 2007

Rich exploiting the poor

I don't think that the rich are really exploiting the poor. Even though the rich do under pay and seemingly take advantage of the poor, the poor voluntarily do it. While the rich do abuse how desperate those in lower class society. While at the same time the rich do use to poor for everything they don't want to do and lower their wages to the lowest amount possible. While this may sound a lot like exploiting, my personal definition of exploitation is when you abuse someone for your own amusement or benefit. What the rich do does not really fall into that category in my mind since they just use them by giving the least in return as possible.
By now I bet there is someone out there saying that just because that is my personal definition, doesn't mean that it is a good ground to base itself on. So now I will give the actual definition to exploit: "to make full use of and derive benefit from" (dictionary widget for iBook). TO those people I would just like to say "ha" because even though my definition is completely different from the dictionary one, they still have the same underline and they both fit into my argument. The rich do not exploit the poor merely because, even thought it's meager, the poor at least get something in return.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a strong statement to say that the poor are voluntarily poor. You might rethink that.